To promote health and wellness, prevent mental health and substance abuse problems, and advance equity and social justice.
Consulting to schools, community organizations, and governmental agencies
Providing training to professionals and to students at the graduate and post-graduate level
A tailored program of consultation and training across two years to build program evaluation capacity in Greater Philadelphia agencies. The program has involved more than 39 agencies and includes oversight of the Philadelphia Program Evaluation Learning Collaborative that is comprised of agencies that have completed the program so as to ensure the sustainability of gains made.
- Community Mental Health and its Impact on Academic and Behavioral Health Outcomes: alternative education serving a diverse population of young adults who present with unique challenges that impact academic, social, and career outcomes.
- CT Department of Public Health Collaboration: to develop a culturally appropriate model to provide information on how to positively engage males (including teens) in developing healthy relationships.
- Consultation to the EVOLVE and EXPLORE Programs: training and supervision to facilitators that deliver a state-mandated family violence education program for male and female perpetrators of violence.
- Family Violence Prevention Fund Consultation: to understand the needs of families who experience violence and are under supervision of the judicial system.
Evaluation services to enhance scientific knowledge about a given question, program, or service, and to inform public policy tailored to meet the needs of an individual client or project. Examples:
- Evaluations of statewide children’s mental health systems of care;
- Evaluations of the implementation of trauma-focused evidenced- based clinical interventions for children and their families;
- National cross-site evaluation of a demonstration initiative to reduce the rate of homicides resulting from domestic violence;
- Evaluations of statewide public health initiatives including consultation and technical assistance to state departments implementing programs for populations at risk for poor health outcomes;
- Provision of training and technical assistance to community-based organizations regarding the planning and implementation of needs assessments and program evaluations on a fee-for-service basis.
The Consultation Center at Yale is a university-based organization that offers a range of services, training and research to individuals, organizations, businesses and governmental agencies throughout Connecticut, the U.S. and internationally